Expungement of Criminal Record
A criminal record is something that you carry with you for the rest of your life. It could potentially have a lasting hindering effect on your life, especially because the punishment of those crimes has a lasting effect, longer than what may have been intended. The reality is that those minor offences have a much greater lifelong impact than you may have realised. The truth of the matter is that a criminal record will prevent you from being able to move on from that chapter in your life, and leave that part of your life in your past. But what no one tells you, it is easier than most people realise to get a criminal record. One can obtain a criminal record for drunk driving, for reckless driving and endangerment, shoplifting, or even something as simple as saying something that could be seen as defamation of character.
The truth is that even the most minor of incidences will have a negative effect continuing into your life, and this can eventually get to the point where you find yourself unable to obtain employment, unable to travel freely outside of South Africa as they will not be able to obtain the necessary visas required to enter into another country.
The process of getting your life and your freedom back together could be solved with the process of criminal record expungement with the assistance of Expungement Lawyer Services. This, of course, does come with its own set of requirements that only allow certain criminal offences to be expunged. This is best done with through professional expungement lawyer services. They will offer you the best legal advice and the best way forward in order for you to again your lie back.
To Qualify for A Criminal Record Expungement, one needs:
- At least 10 years between the date of conviction and the application.
- You have not been convicted of another crime or offence within those 10 years.
- You have been committed a politically motivated crime or you were convicted for a minor crime.
- You received a sentence where you were imprisoned from Friday 18:00 to Sunday 18:00, or you received a community-based sentence.
- You were convicted on the base of your race.
- You were convicted of an offence that is democratically seen as a minor offence or no offence.
You May Not Qualify for Criminal Record Expungement if:
- You were committed and were convicted of a sexual transgression against a child or a mentally-challenged person.
- Your name appears in the National Register for sex offenders or the National Child Protection Register.
- Serious cases incarceration without the option of paying a fine.
If you are looking to expunge your criminal record, Dreyer Engelbrecht Attorneys Inc is ready to assist you with Expungement Lawyer Services.